Sprint 6 was a continuation of sprint 5 and hasn’t had much difference. As usual, we started sprint 6 by reviewing what was done in sprint 5, particularly our achievements and failures. Jason updated us with the version of code to work with at that point. Our activities in sprint 6 was a built up from previous sprints. Also in our last meeting, we went over everything we did so far from sprint 1 through sprint 6 and it appeared a lot has been done though there is still some work to do.
Sprint 6 meetings went on successfully without any interference and we had very effective meetings and discussions. Among the activities that enforce effectiveness in sprint 6 was work sharing. Jason share the work among us and that kind of put everybody busy trying to come up with specific tasked result. We held effective discussions, with every member of the team coming up with some ideas which usually called for more explanations and discussion for consideration. Rick Phillips continued to offer advice but this time, was very involved actively in trying to help us have something presentable at the end of the sprint. Jason also continually integrates ideas we came up with from our meeting, slack interaction with the team members especially Rick Phillips and from DJ of AMPATH into code.
Also, we moved away from encryption because we think other teams are working mainly on that aspect of the project and we doing that too seems double work to us. This idea helped us stayed focus on our offline data capture task.
Besides, from sprint 5, the issues we had with pouchdb was the fact that it capture a bunch of data which we think might have not been what been what we wanted; we at least wish to filter the result into certain fields in order to handle the limitations of storage space and that led us to trying to come up with a new GUI that will at least capture enough data for the user when he/she is offline. After several discussions, we could not exactly tell what field to keep and what to leave out. With regards, Rick Phan and Jason contacted DJ again as to what exactly they want for the new GUI. DJ then gave us a list of five things they wanted the new GUI to display. They wanted the user to b able to get the General info of a patient, Patient visits, Vitals, Lab results and HIV Summary. I was tasked to design a mock up for this, which I was working on. But DJ wanted to see it as soon as possible and Jason quickly responded to it and DJ accepted it and the team sticks that model.
In summary, I think sprint 6 was very successful and I love the enthusiasm and passion that we put into work. Even though, we are not totally done and the semester is almost ended, the team has something to contribute to AMPATH. I believe the work sharing that was listed on trello board also helped kept everyone busy. For the first time I learnt an abstract way of how to design GUI and mock ups in blasamiq in sprint 6.