This sprint was the worst one for me. The team did great job, it’s just I, who did not did much job in this sprint. This sprint/weeks of this semester was a roller roaster for me. So many projects to do, presentations, assignments, essays. Every professor was pushing their assignments. I learned a valuable lesson this past weeks and it was a “stick with one capstone my friend”. I took two capstones as I liked both software developing and data analysis. It is not that, I liked one capstone and dislike another one, it is because of the amount of work. I think it is okay to take two capstones if you are taking only 2-3 classes so that you can only focus on capstone classes but a semester with 5 classes, 4 of them are CS courses and each classes having final projects was a hell for me.
As for the sprint, I did not do much work than just cleaning up some code. You can find the commit here. In the console of the browser, there was an warning saying the request to HTTP request may not success every time. So I simply added a try catch to get rid of that annoying warning. So now if we make a bad request to HTTP then the code will console log an error. Another reason I added try catch is that, suppose we were to use this program in real life or real POS or anywhere where this application will be running and if there is a bad request then the application will crash. And nobody would want to restart the application every time. With try catch, the application will console log the error and keep running. That is all I did for the sprint. I did not put much work to the team and I wanted to do more but with tight schedules, I wasn’t able to do much. There was able another error with my device, the docker image kept failing for my MAC while it worked for the other devices of my team mates who had windows. I had that issue until my scrum master told me to add a timeout in the docker file which did fix the issue but then it was pretty late. It was my fault for not talking about it in meeting or in discord group chat. I was responsible for getting in touch with another group about key-cloak but I never had time to.
Final thoughts: Front-end wouldn’t have been success without Michale Friederich. He did all the integration between back-end and front-end. If I were to do that then it would take me longer. So hats off to him. Everyone in the group did an amazing job throughout the semester. I have read everyone’s sprint review blog and they are putting in the work more than me. If it were to be different team mates then I don’t think we would have finish this much of work at the end of the semester as everything was new to us. Everyone in my group had a great vision of what the project should look like at the end and we delivered it about 95% of finished application. The next group who will take over after us will just have to clean up the code, connect with key-cloak etc but it will not be as messy as it was when we first received the application as we had to reformat everything. Overall, I was paired with talented developers and I am glad I paired with them. Happy Coding!