The last Sprint we worked on was Sprint #3 Retrospective. We’ve finally arrived at the end of everything regarding the Software Development Capstone.
We did the same method on this final sprint as we did on the previous two sprints, where we first created issues and then worked on the project. We began work on Sprint #3 after successfully completing Sprint 2. It was different from the previous two sprints, but at the same time, we were more sure about the issues we would focus on to complete the project.
During Sprint 3, I assisted the team with conversations and issues, just as I had done with the others. However, one of the issues on which I worked was:
Write Up Documentation
To realize this issue, I went through the research issues that we had already completed. My task was to compile and finalize all this information in the documentation repository.
First, I included all of the research topics that we had already completed as an AWS Deployment team. After listing them all, I attempted to summarize each one in a brief part description. I began by mentioning the team member who worked on that research, and then I summarized the important features of everyone’s research. Working on this issue was interesting for me since I saw it as a look back at everything we’d accomplished during the project. At this point, I can see what role each study topic played and how important each one was. This was the issue I worked on, but that’s not the last one. I also worked on two other issues, but this time was assigned with Chris. Two of the issues were about communicating with groups. However, the issues we worked on were:
Communicate with team 1 of ReportingSystem
Our main task here was to have an understanding of their project’s architecture. And needed to understand from us, how we had organized our cluster. Everything went really well. Chris’s role was to talk more about our project and share our team’s process related with them, and my role was to take notes of what they had really done and record everything.
Communicate with team 2 of IAM
The same thing was even for the second team. Our task was to go to the IAM team and talk to them about the Kubernetes Cluster and also how their work fits into it, as long as they are working with Keylock. We needed to know what they are working on, as well as the design of their system.
What went well:
I think that Sprint 3 Retrospective went really well. We tried to share all the issues and work for them during the Sprint. We were all able to finish our issues and all the tasks we had.
What did not go well
I think that at this point when all the sprints are finished, the main thing we needed to do was closing up all issues. Including my issue that ended up in Process status. These seemed to be difficult for us at that point, and I wish we could have done better.
What the team should change
As we ended up doing our project in the right way, I think that in general everything has been really good. Anyways there is always a place for improvements, and where you can do better.
What should I change
I will specify again as I mentioned in the last sprint, the technical issues. I would have really liked to be involved more since we first start the project. And the other thing is as I could close my issue, I will say that I could have managed the time in a better way.
Here we are at the end of the semester, and I am happy that we as a team closed successfully not only Sprint 3 but also the whole project. In general, we tried to manage everything and make our best to have a good final project.