During our third and final sprint, we had a clear idea about what we wanted to achieve with our application. The first two splits helped create a foundation that allowed for us to propel much faster and efficiently compared to before. After spending the last sprint working on the docker container for our group, I wanted to contribute in a way that would be helpful to the react team. I ended up creating issues for myself that were more in line with the front end side of things that the react team had not really touched upon. I first decided to clean up a lot of the code from the react team, there were a lot of styles that were repetitively used by the team so I managed to implement a style page where certain style could be called upon instead of written out when being applied to something. The next thing I tried to tackle was an interactive page for users to select which kind of test they wanted to practice. This was implemented with a side scroll feature that was imported from the react-native-gesture-handler where I was learning the design parts of how things would look based on the style I would give it. I was also able to take images and icons as well to apply to the home page and menu screen which gave it a much better appearance to the eyes of the user.
As a team I felt as if this sprint all of the puzzle pieces finally came together. The react team was working cohesively together where as the others who did not work with them originally were able to go back and forth with them to push an pull code without being out of sync. The team cohesiveness really brought out the best in one another as were we able to divide issues into more manageable ones and we could really see the final product coming together.
With the docker team finally being able to assist the react team with the application as a whole, we were constantly running the application and testing it, and that led to a lot of discussion of things that needed to be fixed or added to the app. This would lead to us effectively being able to help one another spot mishaps and expedite the results we so eagerly wanted. Although we were not able to produce a functioning writing portion, we were able to create a placeholder for it that was substituted with a input on the they keyboard from the user.
Individually, I felt as though this sprint was one were I pushed myself the most. Maybe it was because the semester was coming to the end or that the application was seeing growth, but although I was lacking in basic knowledge of react native, I wanted to be sure I contributed more to the application and pushed myself to learn more. The only issue that I had with the sprint was that I wish I was able to be part of the react native team prior to this because I know I could have contributed more than what I already have. Seeing how fast I was able to grasp things, maybe I should have stepped up before and take on that challenge because I had a lot of fun during this sprint.