CS 383/Additional Materials
- 1 Amazon Web Services Instructions
- 2 Additional materials for students in CS 383.
- 2.1 Cloud Service Providers
- 2.2 Map Reduce
- 2.3 Hadoop
- 2.4 Pig Latin
- 2.5 Distributed File Systems
Amazon Web Services Instructions
Additional materials for students in CS 383.
Feel free to add links to any useful sites you find!
Cloud Service Providers
Amazon Web Services
-Has a pricing calculator to estimate exactly how much money will be spent, http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/
-Pricing is pay-per-use similar to other Cloud services
-Offers a one month free trial once per user with $200 that will remove all funds when it expires, it does require a credit/debit card to sign up
-Grant program for one individual class, the program provides $250/month for faculty and $100/month for students
Google Cloud Platform
-Here is an interesting analogy to help understand how Map Reduce works, http://ksat.me/map-reduce-a-really-simple-introduction-kloudo/
-Here is a reading tutorial featured on the Hadoop.apache website, http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/mapred_tutorial.html Page last edited 8-4-13
- The author explains what Hadoop is http://www.drdobbs.com/database/hadoop-the-lay-of-the-land/240150854 - He then goes on with instructions how to create your first simple MapReduce in Java http://www.drdobbs.com/database/hadoop-the-lay-of-the-land/240150854