For the last sprint, the main objective, from a frontend perspective, was adding some final touches to the code and making documentation for next years group. My biggest objective however for this sprint was to get semantic versioning to work. Semantic versioning, in simple terms, allows us to make version tags for any ne code that is pushed to the main repository. For example, if I pushed something new to the main branch that is a new feature, it will tag this as let’s say “v2-0-1” and it will make a container as well with this tag. This is helpful to us because if we ever need to go back to an old version of the code, it will be easy using the tag container in our docker-compose file. This for a few days was giving me issues until I found what the cause was. The main issue was our docker compose version. Throughout the sprints we have been using version 3.8 but for semantic versioning to work I need to add a docker compose apk to the ci and change the version to 3.3. This allowed the versioning to work and tag.
For this sprint I though everyone worked well together and got a lot done on both the frontend and the backend. Like the other sprint we did a divide and conquer style of completing the issues the were left for us to finish in this sprint. Everyone had a final hard task to do in both the frontend and the backend which gave us more hands-on knowledge that we all can take to our future workplaces. The only thing that I think didn’t work well for this sprint was people doing task but not assigning themselves the issues. We had an issue where two people were working on the same issue which caused confusion between the two. A compromise was eventually found, and the issue was complete but in the future people should not be doing this as it could lead to a bug or error In the code from different algorithm styles.
As a team, besides what I talked about above, I found that there is not much we can improve on as a team. I found that this sprint went very well and am proud of the work the was complete during this time. Also, this being our last sprint we will not meet again to be able to improve together. As an individual like last sprints, I had some issues with commits again. For semantic version I had roughly 30 commits trying to test the pipeline and find the errors. I could not find a way to test the ci locally, so I swamped the commit log with tests. In the future I need to either find a way to test ci locally to make changes before clogging the system or I need to e better about error tracing so there is only like 5 commits compared to 30.
Update guest data to new datapoints: https://gitlab.com/LibreFoodPantry/client-solutions/theas-pantry/guestinfosystem/guestinfofrontend/-/commit/5de3e0c143b3cabb9a517839257be9a3adec33d4
Semantic versioning: https://gitlab.com/LibreFoodPantry/client-solutions/theas-pantry/guestinfosystem/guestinfofrontend/-/commit/82ce990f6d689810a6bab6ad7e31f89ab8614a28 and many more commits in repo for testing