For our last and final Sprint Retrospective, we had a much shorter sprint, which made things quite a bit different from the previous two sprints! For one, it made things feel like much more of a time crunch, but at the same time, there was much less to do during the sprint.
Overall, despite only have about four issues, we still had a slight misweighting of one of them! But at least, we still had about a 75% accuracy in terms of our judgment! It could be much better at 100%, but it’s still much better than our sub 50% weighting of our first sprint.
Our biggest issues was working with making a testing suite in Chai. This was mostly the work of Andrew over the past few sprints, but since our last sprint had only a few issues, we were all able to jump on board. Sam jumped on first, since he was the most open, while Moses, Anesti, and I worked on more pipeline stuff! With a bit of luck, Moses cleaned out the pipeline issues, and so we all jumped on the Chai testing and… Boy, did it take a while to figure out. The main thing we realized was that our earlier sprints led to our downfall! Because we were less experience during our first sprint, we made mistakes to the Reporting System that made it so that our whole system was broken! But thankfully, we managed to figure things out by the skin of our teeth and get things resolve on the literal final day of our sprint! It was a close call, and to be honest, I think despite our mishap, it was within reason since we simply couldn’t have known what we did not know yet!
Overall, I think that our group did as well as could be expected, and as we developed as a team for the final sprint, we still were able to expand upon our abilities despite the short amount of time we had left. I think that our communication was at a high for the final portion, and if we could have kept going, I think we could have really done even more for the Reporting System. Regardless, I think we did well! Individually, we all steps up, and as a team, we all came together to help one another.
If I had to point to one thing that could have been done better, was to make sure that we verified our system before moving further on. Maybe as a side issue, someone could have checked over that the things we did in the past Sprints would not negative affected our future progress, but that would be a bit hard to do since we were still learning the ins and outs of the Reporting System. There might even need to be some sort of oversight, but I would consider this more of a nitpick than a real problem as we were still able to identify our problem thanks to our version history.