Compared to the last sprint not only did I personally complete much more work, but the team accomplished a lot. As a matter of fact, we got over 17 in weight done in the first week compared to the much lower amount in the first sprint. I noticed that when it came to issues of us needing help or the sharing of information a lot more work was done together, and it allowed us to complete more of the epics and issues. For example, one of the issues me and kelvin both had similar solutions one was for the backend and the other was for the API, once Kelvin modified the commands/build.sh on the API I looked and see what changes he had made so that I could make similar changes to the Backend.
Much of what was accomplished at the beginning was all of the issues that didn’t involve unit testing such as the verification of collection names in the API as well as Evaluating and Improving the API as a whole. The epics that were finished during the sprint were the API refactoring of file/directory/release structure and infrastructure as well as the conversion of all docker images we are building to multi-architecture images. As I state previously, we completed more epics in this sprint than that of the previous one.
As for improvements that could be made I think the biggest improvement we can make is to keep focus especially towards the end of the sprint, I’ve noticed once we get into the final week of the spring right before the sprint review the progress tends to slow down and focus lessens a fair amount this mainly do to shifting attention to the review, reflection, and the planning of the next sprint. While all of those steps are very important to the process maintaining the flow that we have the first 2 weeks into the last one will allow us to possibly complete even more and get farther into the project. As for personal improvements I can make I think practicing and taking on even more of a workload would be to my benefit as it will allow me to cover more ground and become more accustomed to the system. The biggest issue I had in the previous sprint was that I spent a lot of time resolving issues that had come up while fixing other issues, as well as trying to delve into the Frontend of the system. I maintained the right of amount of weight completion each week which was a significant improvement over last sprints and I plan to keep that going into the next sprint.
The best thing to come out of this sprint was that most of the last sprint will be finishing up unit testing and focusing on making sure the system works correctly so that next semesters students don’t have issues with the system and can work on it efficiently Much like how we found it. The most important thing now is to keep the system running and keep Epics organized and unopen so that the next semester can work off those.
Designed Unit test for replaceGuest Endpoint.
Implementation of the unit Test designed for the replaceGuest Endpoint.
Verification of collection names in the API to make sure they make sense and are correct.
modified commands/build.sh in backend to use context to specify what image to build.
added Pipeline variable with multiplatform string to backend.
From the blog cs@worcester – Marels Blog by mbeqo and used with permission of the author. All other rights reserved by the author.