Sprint 3 is now completed and it is time for the final retrospective. Although this sprint was shorter than the others, my team and I made good progress on our substem. With two other sprints under our belts, my team was able to complete what we needed to so everything would be wrapped up and ready for next year’s class to work on it.
A change we made that helped the team was breaking down our issues better as well as working together to tackle those issues. Our goal for this sprint was to have a completely working test so we broke down the process of creating the test into several issues. With everyone working together on the code, we were able to get through each issue quicker than we would have as individuals. We still faced challenges but being able to rely on the other members of the group was a big help.
Something that my team could improve on is understanding docker and using the servers. The most difficult problem we encountered was counting with the server. Our first few issues were not too difficult and we were able to solve them relatively quickly but getting the test to run automatically by connecting to the back-end server was difficult. We first ran into issues just connecting, then we had issues with the server timing out. We relied heavily on the guest info system group for help with this. Docker and the severs are a huge piece of this project so a better understanding of how to get everything working would have been a huge help to the team.
In this sprint, we only worked on the backend since our object was to get an automated test up and running. Our issues were mostly worked on as a group. The following are the issues that I was involved with for this sprint:
One of the easier issues we had was reviewing the current API:
Creating the getInventory manual test was another one of our issues:
Another issue we worked on was fixing the get inventory returning a string bug:
As an individual, I believe I could improve by working on my collaboration. Even though my team asked for help, I personally did not. During this sprint, I relied on my teams to go and ask questions to the other groups. I think as an individual I could take more responsibility when it comes to collaborating with other teams.
I think sprint 3 was another positive experience for the team. We continued to adapt and make the changes we needed to that we talked about from our previous sprints. This allowed us to better ourselves as developers and get through the issues we decided to work on. Even though this is the end of time together working on LibreFoodPantry, we will take the lessons we learned with us as we start our careers.